I’m very flattered that a few folks are already following me after such a short time! I was recently nominated by Mountain Mama to participate in Liebster awards! I began following her page because I was very interested in her rural lifestyle, and found it in sync with what I am trying to do. 🙂 She believed my blog was worthy of being discovered, and for that I give thanks. Here are the “rules” as I have gathered from her original post.
– Acknowledge the blogger who nominated them and display the award symbol.
– Answer the eleven questions that the nominator gives you.
– Give 11 random facts about yourself.
– Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving( that have less than 200 followers) try not to renominated people who have already been given the award.
– Feel free to pass on the this award if you do not have time for it.
– Let all the bloggers know you nominated them.
-Give them 11 questions to answer.
I am too new on the scene to decide who’s blogs I would nominate yet, but I will gladly give 11 facts about myself and answer the 11 questions Mountain Mama has asked. 🙂
1. Where were you born? Leesburg, Virginia
2. What is your favorite food? Today? Cheese enchiladas
3. What is your favorite season? Fall, hands down. The sights and smells of fall trump the other seasons! Plus I love sweaters. 🙂
4. What is your favorite Hobby (besides blogging) Letterboxing, which is similar to geocaching (only more creative and fun!) Click the link to learn more!
5. What kind of home do you live in? Currently, in a single-wide trailer on a creek, but we’re fixing up a “forever” home elsewhere now. 🙂
6. What kind of animals do you have? Currently, a dog (Jack) and a cat (Lola). Hopefully sometime in the future we will have more dogs, chickens, maybe goats.
7. Have you always liked writing? I’d say it’s more of a “love-hate” relationship haha. Sometimes it can be so daunting to express myself on the page, other times it seems effortless.
8. When did you start blogging? Officially about two weeks ago…!
9. Why did you start blogging? I thought it might be a good idea to share my story with others. It also keeps me accountable. I want to keep working hard and document all we are doing here for my readers.
10. Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert? Absolutely both! Sometimes I surprise myself with how outgoing I can be. 🙂
11. Are you married or single? Sadly, single 😦 but that’s not always a bad thing. I’m taking some time to myself to work things out right now.
And here and some facts… hmm need to think about these…
- All my life I thought I was a cat person until I got my dog at age 24. Now I may be obsessed with dogs.
- I have a bachelor’s degree from VCU in Kinetic Imagery, which is video and computer animation.
- I have been a vegetarian for almost 17 years because I disagree with factory farming practices.
- I have three tattoos. Two of them are pretty large hehe.
- Wine is now my favorite adult beverage.
- I do not particularly enjoy watching or playing any sports. I’m more of a campfire Kumbaya type… 😉
- I have celebrity crushes on Bruce Willis in Die Hard and Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future hehe.
- I have been to England, Holland, Scotland, Belgium, and France as well as all over the USA.
- My next travel desire is to see Japan and Germany, maybe Ireland and anywhere in South America.
- Most folks would describe me as “energetic”, “goofy”, or “bubbly” which I don’t mind at all. 😉
- I can sing. My mom is a professional musician and wants me to sing with her but I don’t oblige her enough, sadly!
I hope yall enjoyed learning a little about me, and thanks so much for reading!